Speech therapy uses a variety of techniques to improve your language and communication abilities.
- Receptive Language - comprehension
- Expressive Language - delayed talking
- Pragmatic language - social skills
- Voice disorders
- Oral Motor & swallowing disorders
- CCC-2 - The Children’s Communication Checklist-2 U.S. Edition is a parent or caregiver rating scale based on the extensive research of author, Dr. Dorothy Bishop. CCC-2 helps rate aspects of communication, screens for general language, and identifies pragmatic language impairment.
- PLS-5 - Preschool Language Scales Fifth Edition offers a comprehensive developmental language assessment with items that range from pre-verbal, interaction-based skills to emerging language to early literacy.
- GFTA-3 - The Goldman-Fristoe Test of Articulation™ 3 (GFTA™-3) provides accurate scores for making diagnostic and placement decisions.
- CELF-5 - The Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals® | Fifth Edition (CELF®-5) offers a robust assessment of pragmatics using observations and interactive activities.
- CELF-P - Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals® Preschool-2 (CELF® Preschool-2) assesses aspects of language necessary for preschool children to transition to the classroom.
Our Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs) & Speech Language Pathologist Assistants (SLP-As) are recognized by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
We are able to treat kids of all abilities!
For example, we can treat children with
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Social Communication Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Articulation Disorder
- Receptive language delay
- Expressive language delay
- Speech delay
- Down Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Apraxia, Echolalia
- Symbolic Dysfunction
- Social skills deficits
- Feeding disorders